We invite women faculty (tenure/non-tenure), lecturers and instructors to network on a professional and social level. It is an opportunity to share your research and insights, to support colleagues in their career and personal growth. We celebrate achievements and provide supportive spaces.
Some activities include
- AWF-sponsored professional development & in collaborations with the Office of Faculty Development, Council on the Status of Women & various colleges. Suggest a topic here.
- Attend First Friday Raleigh with colleagues, send a message to the AWF group email to see whose interested. Some events may be virtual.
- NC State New & Senior Women Faculty Reception
an opportunity to welcome new women faculty to NC State University. Provost Arden, Associate Provost Stewart, Deans/Associate/Assistant Deans of Colleges, senior women administrators, and senior women faculty.
- AWF Zoom Socials on the 1st Tuesdays of each month, starting April 6 @ 5:30-6:15 pm
social distancing does not mean isolation, join us/check-in for 5, 20 or 45 minutes. Bring a cup of tea or a glass of something and connect with colleagues, click here for link.
- NC State New & Senior Women Faculty Zoom Event (March 2 @ 5:30 pm)
annual reception hosted by Provost Arden to welcome new women faculty
- The Biannual Showcase of Research, Creativity & Scholarship
an opportunity for female faculty to share their research and network with others
- Events such as power lunches at a nearby restaurant
- Pre-Sisterhood Dinner activities, discussing relevant issues and celebrating the contributions and accomplishments of NC State women